Friday, March 18, 2016

Everyday i wake up, go to work, pay bills, and wait impatiently to have a day off. This year i say no more. I'm taking every penny i can get my hands on and heading on an adventure. Starting May 1st of this year i will be walking over 2000 miles!!!!! Yup, i didnt accidently add an extra 0, thats two thousand miles. I am going on a thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail. Stretching from Georgia to Maine this glorious trail of wilderness is going to be my home for the next 5-6 months. Now thats not really the craziest part. I only decided to start planning 1 month in advance. Everyone else is already on the trail heading north. Im starting northbound over a month late and all alone with little prep. Not going to lie, im scared shitless. This blog is going to be updated by either myself or my lifeline back home to get you all informed and entertained. I have planned for resupplies along the trail but having the little experience i have im sure ill be a pair of shoes short or something of the like. We can only wait and see. Heres hoping i make it to Maine and not in the belly of a Pooh bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment